Cake Cutting at the 20th. Anniversary Celebration.
Visit the Seniors' Help page for useful information regarding recommended services made by KSC members.
to explore our Centre
The ‘Kanata Seniors Council’ CAFÉ is looking for interested volunteers to cook a hot lunch one ‘half day’ per week. Hours are 8:30 am to 12:30 pm,
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
Please contact Kay Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-254-7164
Welcome to the Kanata Seniors Council website.
The Kanata Seniors Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting seniors
and older adults in Kanata and West Ottawa.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW THE KANATA SENIORS COUNCIL WORKS ?
The Directors and Associates have monthly meetings in the Owen Prince Room at the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
The next one is on Friday 23 September starting at 9:00 am. All are welcome to attend.
COUNCIL SPECIAL EVENTS:
Complimentary Pancake Breakfast on Fri Sept 2 hosted by the Council in conjunction with Kanata Seniors' Centre Open House.
Council Annual General Meeting on Mon Sept 12. All Kanata Seniors Council members are invited to attend. If you are not a member come along and join up.
The Frank Valentine Award will again be presented by the Kanata Seniors Council on Monday September 12, 2016, as part of their Annual General Meeting. Click here for more information and a nomination form. Forms are also available at the Front Desk of the Kanata Seniors' Centre. Deadline for submission of these Forms is no later than close on Aug 19th
EXPO 55 on Fri Sept 16 will be held at the Mlacak Centre starting at 1:00 pm until 3:30 pm. The Kanata Seniors Council will have table along with a large number of Not For Profit companies.
Explore our site and learn more about the Kanata Seniors Council programs as well as programs and activities delivered by the City of Ottawa and other senior friendly organizations,
many of which are made available through the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
Make sure you check our What's New page for recent additions/changes to our site.
KSC Fitness Participants in Action
- Thursday, September 1 - Book Club ‘Somewhere in France’.
- Friday, September 2 – Annual Open House and Complimentary Pancake Breakfast 8:30-11am (breakfast ends at 10am). Bring a friend or neighbour to show off your centre!
- Labour Day Weekend Closure – closed from Saturday, September 3 to Monday, September 5 inclusive, opening on Tuesday, September 6 8:30am
- Friday, September 9 – Kanata Seniors Camera Club resumes its monthly meetings at 9:15am.
- Friday, September 9 – Geriatric Jazz Band returns to Fridays 1pm until June 2017
- Saturday, September 10 – Lunch and Movie ‘Royal Night Out’, ticket still available for this.
- Saturday, September 10 – Duplicate Bridge returns to Saturdays 12:30pm until June 2017
- Monday, September 12 – Kanata Seniors Council Inc Annual General Meeting 11am, followed by lovely, complimentary lunch.
- Friday, September 16 – Councillor Wilkinson’s Annual Expo 55 from 1-3:30pm
- Saturday, September 17- Saturday at the Movies ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2’
- Week of September 19 our fall programs start. Lots of great fitness, wellness and learning courses available, please check out our schedule at front desk or online at www.ottawa.ca
- Tuesday, September 20 and Friday, September 23 – Carpet Bowling resumes.
- Wednesday, September 28 - Computer Seminar on the Uses of Facebook. Click here for more information.
- September 2016 Learning Series - History of the Fur Trade and the Ottawa River - click here for more information
- Thursday, September 29 – Learning Series – Terry Currie will speak on the Ottawa River as the spinal column of the fur train in early Canadian history.
Please see the Events page and the Calendar for details:
- Please note that the Kanata Seniors Centre has a new phone number effective immediately Our phone number is now 613-580-2980. As we transition, 613-599-4480, will still be supported and callers will be automatically connected to the new line. For those used to accessing city services, you can also call 613-580-2424 ext. 20651 for our front desk.
Reminders to members:
- We strive to be a ‘Scent-Free’ facility and ask that you support this need for so many of our members with allergy and breathing ailments.