Cake Cutting at the 20th. Anniversary Celebration.
Visit the Seniors' Help page for useful information regarding recommended services made by KSC members.
to explore our Centre
The ‘Kanata Seniors Council’ CAFÉ is looking for interested volunteers to cook a hot lunch one ‘half day’ per week. Hours are 8:30 am to 12:30 pm,
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
Please contact Kay Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-254-7164
Welcome to the Kanata Seniors Council website.
The Kanata Seniors Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting seniors
and older adults in Kanata and West Ottawa.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW THE KANATA SENIORS COUNCIL WORKS ?
The Directors and Associates have monthly meetings in the Owen Prince Room at the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
The next one is on Friday 21 October starting at 9:00 am. All are welcome to attend.
Explore our site and learn more about the Kanata Seniors Council programs as well as programs and activities delivered by the City of Ottawa and other senior friendly organizations,
many of which are made available through the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
Make sure you check our What's New page for recent additions/changes to our site.
KSC Fitness Participants in Action
- October 1 – Saturday Lunch and Movie: ’Miracles from Heaven’, still a few spots remain, please stop by front desk to register
- October 5 – DVD Learning Series: ‘Geological Wonders of the World Part 2’. This video series runs for 8 weeks and still room!
- October 6 – Mah Jong Tournament – please sign up at front desk
- October 8-10 – KSC will be closed for Thanksgiving Weekend, opening on Tuesday, October 11 for normal hours.
- October 20 –Annual Cook-Off :‘Soup Competition’. Local residences will compete for the best soup in the west! Buy your ticket in advance!
- October 22 – Saturday at the Movies: ‘A Sunday Horse’
- October 27 – Learning Series – TBA
Please see the Events page and the Calendar for details:
- Please note that the Kanata Seniors Centre has a new phone number effective immediately Our phone number is now 613-580-2980. As we transition, 613-599-4480, will still be supported and callers will be automatically connected to the new line. For those used to accessing city services, you can also call 613-580-2424 ext. 20651 for our front desk.
Reminders to members:
- We strive to be a ‘Scent-Free’ facility and ask that you support this need for so many of our members with allergy and breathing ailments.