The Award is named for Frank Valentine, who was a tireless advocate for seniors’ issues in the Kanata region for many years. He was the instigator behind the formation of the Kanata Seniors Council in 1996.
The Kanata Seniors Council Inc wishes to recognize a person, or couple, who has contributed significantly to the quality of life of seniors in the community. Accordingly, this Award is to be given to a volunteer who:
Is an adult, or couple, 55 years or older, who has provided outstanding leadership to this community, focusing on senior needs: who has consistently improved the quality of life of seniors in our community over a wide range of activities. For a contribution of ongoing strong and consistent volunteering, over an extended period of time, to ensure the empowerment of services and continuing enjoyment of the seniors, that are provided in this Senior Centre.
- is a volunteer, or volunteer couple, age fifty-five or older
- has provided outstanding leadership to the community
- has focused on seniors' needs and their fulfillment in Kanata and the surrounding areas
- has consistently made an important contribution to the quality of life of seniors over a period of years
- 2003 Dee Campbell
- 2005 Judy Laughton
- 2006 Owen Prince
- 2007 Maria and Helmut Hemmerich
- 2009 Nigel Kilby
- 2010 John Kern
- 2011 Jeet Wadehera
- 2012 Peter van Boeschoten
- 2013 Heather Cole
- 2016 John Williamson
- 2017 Liz Tucker
Note that the Frank Valentine Award will not be presented in 2018.