Who are we?
The "Kanata Seniors
Council" is different
from the City of Ottawa's "Kanata Seniors'
The Council works in close partnership
with the Kanata Seniors' Centre and is a federally incorporated, not-for-profit,
registered charity, incorporated under the name "Kanata Seniors Council Inc."
What we do?
The Council provides an advisory function to the City.
It has outfitted the Centre's kitchen and operates the Council Café.
Additionally, the Council sponsors computer instruction, provides funding for various programs and events, provides capital for
the acquisition of equipment and furnishings for the Kanata Seniors Centre,
and offer a travel program both in and out of the city, amongst
Seniors are encouraged to become members
(it's free) and actively participate in the Council’s operation and fund raising activities.
Associate Council members representing the City of Ottawa, Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre and local retirement residences attend the monthly Board meetings.
"Seniors Helping Seniors"
- To promote and conduct educational, recreational, and cultural programs for seniors and older adults
- To advise and assist in the operation and programming at the Kanata Seniors' Centre
- To provide for capital items which will enhance the utility of the Kanata Seniors' Centre
- To work with like minded agencies to promote the welfare of seniors and older adults
- To speak on behalf of seniors and older adults in Kanata and greater western Ottawa
- To raise funds for the purpose of enhancing the health and well being of seniors and older adults in Kanata and greater western Ottawa
How can having a Council membership help you?
- We're a forum for your concerns.
- We're a contact for resources and services on issues of aging.
- We act as a unified voice with greater numbers, when lobbying all levels of government on your behalf.
- You'll receive a monthly Council newsletter via email or available at the Kanata Seniors Centre.
- You get to vote for Directors at the Annual general meeting.
How do you become a member?
- Membership in the Council is free.
- You must be at least 55 years of age to become a member of the Council.
- The application form is available via the link below or
at the Kanata Senior's Council's office in the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
- You will receive a membership card when you complete the application form.
2500 Campeau Drive Kanata, ON K2K 2W3