Who are we?
The Kanata Seniors Council is a not-for-profit corporation federally incorporated under the name "Kanata Seniors Council Inc."
The Council provides an advisory function to the City. It has outfitted the Kitchen and operates the Council Café. Additionally: the Council sponsors computer instruction; provides funding for various programs and events; provides capital for acquisition of equipment and furnishings for the Kanata Seniors Centre.
Seniors are encouraged to become members and actively participate in the Council’s operation and fund raising activities.
Associate Council members representing the City of Ottawa, Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre and local retirement residences attend the monthly Board meetings.
"Seniors Helping Seniors"
- To promote and conduct educational programs for seniors and older adults
- To promote and conduct recreational and cultural programs for seniors and older adults
- To advise and assist in the operation and programming at the Kanata Seniors' Centre
- To provide for capital items which will enhance the utility of the Kanata Seniors' Centre
- To work with like minded agencies to promote the welfare of seniors and older adults
- To speak on behalf of seniors and older adults in Kanata and greater western Ottawa
- To raise funds for the purpose of enhancing the health and well being of seniors and older adults in Kanata and greater western Ottawa
Membership - How can a Council membership help you?
- A forum for your concerns
- A contact for resources and services on issues of aging
- A unified voice with greater numbers, when lobbying all levels of government on your behalf
- Receive a monthly Council newsletter via email or available at the Kanata Seniors Centre
- Vote for Directors at the Annual general meeting
How do you become a member?
2500 Campeau Drive Kanata, ON K2K 2W3